Bed bugs can be very difficult to spot because they’re tiny, brown and flat (click here to see pictures of bed bugs bites). They’re very sneaky too that they bite you when you’re sleeping. If you can’t find an actual bug in your mattress, headboard and along the bed frame, look for some signs of their presence by spotting some bug droppings that look like small brown spots. Their eggs and larvae on the other hand look like white spots. Bed bug bites are very itchy and annoying and what better way to preventing them is by making use of bed bugs repellent to help get rid of bed bugs.
If you hate the thought of sniffing bed bug chemicals then you can make natural bed bugs repellent right at the comfort of your own home. You need something that you can spray to keep bugs away from you and your beddings.
How To Make a Natural Bed Bug Repellent
You will need the following ingredients:
1 cup of water
10 drops of lavender essential oil
10 drops rosemary essential oil
10 drops eucalyptus oil
Fine mist spray bottle
All you have to do is combine everything together and pour in a fine mist spray bottle. Make sure you shake it well so that every ingredient is incorporated well with the rest of the ingredients.
If you travel a lot and you’re worried about these nasty pests sticking to your clothes when you hang them in hotel closets, you can carry bed bugs repellent sachets with you. Go to your local herbs store and purchase dried eucalyptus leaves, dried rosemary leaves, dried lavender buds and large cloves. Put the leaves in small sachets and you can put them in your suitcase and in the pockets of your hanging garments or in any folded clothes you want to put in hotel room drawers. The aroma and smell of the leaves will keep them at bay. You can also tuck some sachets in the mattress.
Learn More About Bed Bugs
Bed Bug Bites Pictures and Symptoms – Learn what bed bug bites look like…and FEEL like.
How To Treat Bed Bugs – Learn how to treat for bed bugs in your home.
Bed Bug Exterminators – Do you need a professional bed bug exterminator?
Bed Bug Sprays – What are the best bed bug sprays on the market?
BedBug Mattress Covers – Do bed bug mattress covers work? Should you buy one?
Bed Bug Killer – What to use to kill bed bugs yourself at home.
Bed Bug Removal – All about do-it-yourself bed bug removal.
- Do Bed Bug Sprays Really Work? It’s bad enough to have to deal with getting rid of bed bugs but having them in your bed can be so much worse. Every homeowner has dealt with bed bugs at least once in...
- How Do You Use Bed Bug Insecticides? Before you use bed bugs insecticides, make sure you have done all pre-treatment procedures to make sure you won’t have to deal with bugs again, at least not anytime soon. If you cannot remove all...
- Does Heat Kill Bed Bugs? Heat Treatment For Bed Bugs – Does It Work? There have been many stories about using heat treatment to kill bed bugs. This got us to wondering, does it really work? We set out to...
- Bed Bugs Spray The Best Bed Bugs Sprays, Powders, and Insecticides For those of us who seem susceptible to bed bugs from time to time, allow me to recommend what bed bugs insecticide I have found useful in...
- Bed Bug Killer How To Kill Bed Bugs Become The Ultimate Bed Bug Killer – Learn how to kill bed bugs yourself. Are you fed up of bed bugs? If you are, here’s a plan to become the...